YOU ARE DUMB!

Uncategorized

Gentlemen,

Despite many posts requesting the contrary, I keep getting e-mails and contact requests regarding the Magus of Java or the Mo Pai. I have stated repeatedly that I have not been a member of the Mo Pai for a decade. I had not foreseen the development of youtube or the extreme loss of overall IQ among the general populace when I wrote the book in 1999 – otherwise I would have never written it. I mean, come on, guys, you are not very clever; think about it: The reason you know my real name in the first place, is because I no longer have an active interest in the subject matter of the book. And, very important, I have no interest in taking your money. Which means, in order for me to bother with you in the first place, you have to catch my interest as a human being. Please note that I retain the ancient Greek conviction that expressing your opinion is not a right, but a privilege that must be earned and maintained through constant contribution and growth.

So here is what is going to happen: if you write to me about the Magus of java or the Mo Pai or any related subject, I will turn you over to my buddy Wooz. Now, Wooz owns a bar, is very old, unpleasant, smells very bad, and looks like a zombie. As such, he has a sparkling personality that is fait accompli the inevitable result of his good looks. Wooz is apt to answer your questions with retorts like: “YOU ARE DUMB! F@@K YOU! I HAVE CRUSHED YOU!” (Insert choice of verb or noun: fink, fork, folk, funk, etc). Along with Wooz’s reply, he will most likely post your name and e-mail address. I still get a couple e-mails a day (and yes, many people wonder why I do not simply charge 400 dollars a pop, but that is not me and never has been), so probably what will happen is that Wooz will gather the results and hoist up each fool on his own petard at the end of the month.

I am sure you do not want that, unless YOU ARE DUMB.

My advice? Stay away from Wooz.

Thanks,

Kostas

13 Comments

13 Responses

1. Sufi  •  August 10, 2012 @9:16 pm

“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

2. Will  •  August 14, 2012 @8:01 am

Come on Kostas can you really blame them?

3. Kostas Dervenis  •  August 14, 2012 @2:20 pm

@Will (You see an extremely tall and lanky ghoul with long hair.)
    I am Wooz. What do you want? Are you dumb?

4. ΔΗΜΗΤΡΗΣ ΜΑΡΚΟΥ  •  August 31, 2012 @11:10 am

ελπιζω οτι μπορω να γραψω ελληνικα μιας και ειμαι ελληνας που απευθυνεται σε ελληνα…λοιπον ειμαι ενας νεαρος γεροντας 45 χρονων που βαδιζει στο δρομο των πολεμικων τεχνων ….ο δασκαλος μου σας γνωριζει προσωπικα και λεει για σας τα καλυτερα[πραγμα που σπανια και για λιγους πρατει]….εχει το βιβλιο[nei kung] το οποιο μου δανεισε και προσφατα διαβασα και το οποιο βρηκα πολυ ενδιαφερων…αν διαβασα σωστα παραπανω λετε οτι εχετε 10 χρονια να ασχολειθηται με το θεμα….μου εκανε μεγαλη εντυπωση αυτο….[ξερω για την εμπλοκη σας με το παμαχον]…δεν εχετε πια επαφη με τον dynamo jack?…αυτα τα ολιγα ειχα να πω…πολυ καλημερα σας……αααααα και πολλα φιλια στον wooz….

5. Kostas Dervenis  •  August 31, 2012 @5:15 pm

@Dimitris, I was really tempted to turn you over to Wooz; the conversation would have probably gone something like this:

{102}{}{You see an extremely tall and lanky ghoul with long hair.}
    {110}{}{I am Wooz. What do you want?}
    {115}{}{Tell me about this place.}
    {160}{}{Not much to tell, really.}
    {161}{}{No, I meant tell me about this bar.}
    {140}{}{I run this place. Are you dumb? I sell drinks, trade for things, and tell stories.}
    {144}{}{Tell stories?}
    {200}{}{I’ve got this great story. It’s really funny. You see there’s this head, right?}
    {202}{}{Uh, I think I’ve heard this one already.}
    {220}{}{Hmm, sorry. That’s the only one I know of.}
    {123}{}{Uh, well, I was going to… and I thought you might… oh, never mind.}
    {700}{}{Are you dumb?}
    {301}{}{Uh, I’m really sorry, Mr. Wooz. I just wanted to ask you something.}
    {152}{}{What the hell are you talking about?}
    {191}{}{ I’d like a round of drinks for everyone here, Wooz.}
    {190}{}{You want to buy a round of drinks for everyone here? You must really be hard up for friends. That’ll cost you $350,000.00.}
    {155}{}{Hmm… let me ask you about something else, first.}
    {180}{}{You don’t have enough money. Are you dumb?}
    {185}{}{Dumb? Talking like that to me is pretty stupid, pal. You might just hurt yourself that way.}
    {260}{}{Oh my, I didn’t realize. I’ll just try to stop shaking long enough to tell you something then. (Wooz smiles) Come closer and I’ll whisper it to you.}
    {282}{}{I don’t think so; you’re just trying to eat my brains, aren’t you? I’m leaving. Goodbye.}
    {410}{}{I won! F@@k you! You are dumb. I have crushed you.}

..but then I figured, alright, you´re Greek, you approached me pretty much along the lines of the culture, though your spelling could use some work, what the hell…

To answer your question, then, to reach anywhere in any type of journey, you have to be there 100%. If a particular school teaches treachery, for example, and you embrace these tactics, then you are by definition a treacherous man, (I am not talking about the Mo Pai in this sentence). The Mo Pai did not represent what I was looking for in the end – I was interested in freedom, not power over anyone else, and racism is abhorrent to me. So I left.

And yes, I could have made a lot of money, but abusing spiritual beliefs is against my principles. And all we have in the end for people to remember us by, are our principles.

If you don´t understand this, just ask that guy who had problems with his knees.

6. ΔΗΜΗΤΡΗΣ ΜΑΡΚΟΥ  •  August 31, 2012 @6:56 pm

my spelling could use some work?????…….and what this has to do with our subject???……αλλα ας μιλησω ελληνικα για να μην ειναι χειροτερο το σπελινγκ μου….ειναι μερος της διδασκαλιας σας η αμεση υποτιμιση καποιου που πολυ ευγενικα εκανε μια ερωτιση?….εκει οδηγει το πνευματικο σας μονοπατι?….ξερω οτι η’ θα απαντισετε μακροσκελως και με ατρανταχτα επιχειρηματα η’ καθολου η’ οτι απλα θα με παρεπεμψετε στον φιλο σας..οπως και να χει δεν αλλαζει κατι….ευχαριστω για το χρονο σας….α και σαν αχρηστη πληροφορια της ημερας σας λεω οτι εχω ανωτατη μορφωση και το σπελινγκ μου δε χρειαζεται κανενα γουορκ….and it seems to me pretty much like RACISM when you make fun of everyone….sinserely yours….ΔΗΜΗΤΡΗΣ….

7. ΔΗΜΗΤΡΗΣ ΜΑΡΚΟΥ  •  August 31, 2012 @7:16 pm

…μολις τωρα διαβασα ολοκληρο το μυνημα και παροτι η τσαντιλα παραμενει οφειλω να αναγνωρισω πως ο διαλογος μου με τον μακρυμαλη μπαρμαν μαλλον θα ηταν οντως καπως ετσι….τελικα μου απαντησατε κιολας στο ερωτημα….μαλλον το yang μου ανεβηκε πολυ γρηγορα προς τα πανω…..τες πα ιδιαιτερα ευγενης δεν ειστε συγουρα…αλλα ουτε κι εγω ιδιαιτερα εγκρατης απ οτι φανηκε….no hard feelings anyway…..να ειστε καλα

8. Kostas Dervenis  •  September 3, 2012 @1:29 pm

Κύριε Μάρκου,

Χωρίς καν να προβώ στην χρήση ηλεκτρονικού ελεγκτή, μπόρεσα στα πρώτα δευτερόλεπτα ανάγνωσης να διαπιστώσω ότι η πρώτη σας επιστολή είχε 3 ορθογραφικά λάθη (στα Ελληνικά), η δεύτερη 4, η τρίτη πάλι 3. Αυτή την παρατήρηση την κάνω χωρίς να σχολιάσω την παντελή έλλειψη τόνων στα γραφόμενα σας, πράγμα ανεπίτρεπτο για 45άρη που δηλώνει ότι έχει πανεπιστημιακή μόρφωση.

Όταν επικοινωνούμε για πρώτη φορά με κάποιον εντελώς άγνωστο, ο οποίος επιπλέον δεν έχει και κανέναν λόγο ή/και καμία επιθυμία να αποδώσει σε μας έστω και ελάχιστο από τον ακριβοπληρωμένο του χρόνο, αν σεβόμαστε τον εαυτό μας και τον πολιτισμό μας, πρωτίστως ελέγχουμε τα γραφόμενα μας, ιδίως σε εποχή που έχει γίνει τόσο εύκολη αυτή η πράξη. Ειδάλλως, κατατασσόμαστε άμεσα στην ίδια κατηγορία με την Kim Kardasian, την Paris Hilton, και τον Ari whateverthefhisnamewas, οπότε δεν υπάρχει και ιδιαίτερος λόγος να χάνουμε τον καιρό μας. Επιθυμώ τη συνδιαλλαγή με Έλληνες, όχι όμως με ελληναράδες, διότι πρωτίστως είναι θύματα οι ίδιοι και τα θύματα δεν γίνονται ποτέ πολεμιστές. Με την ίδια λογική, δεν μπορούν ποτέ να γίνουν πολεμιστές οι δόλιοι και οι φελλοί. Έχοντας αποκτήσει λοιπόν κάποια εμπειρία μέσα σε μια εικοσαετία διαμονής στην Ελλάδα, έχω αποφασίσει να κόψω τους ελληναράδες από τη ζωή μου, και να συναναστρέφομαι μόνο με Έλληνες.

Τώρα. Είχατε το φιλότιμο να αναγνωρίσετε κάποια πράγματα, και αυτό σας τιμά. Επίσης είχατε την αντοχή να διαβάσετε λίγο παραπέρα από τον Wooz, και αυτό πάλι είναι καλό, γιατί με μια προσεκτική ανάγνωση των ερωτήσεων θα έβλεπε κανείς ότι και ο Wooz πάντοτε απαντάει στις ερωτήσεις που του κάνουν, απλά απαντάει με τον τρόπο του.

Come see me sometime.

9. Anestis  •  September 26, 2012 @2:12 pm

Excuse me for my curiosity, for i have not read the book, but what does racism have to do with this subject? Moreover you mention “power over everyone else”. How does this relate to someone’s lifeforce?
    I am only interested in your viewpoint for philosophical reasons because i suspect something that you are already giving a clue here.

10. Kostas Dervenis  •  September 26, 2012 @3:28 pm

@Anestis: {102}{}{You see an extremely tall and lanky ghoul with long hair.}

11. Anestis  •  September 26, 2012 @4:22 pm

Hi wooz, in this bag is the monkey brain i promised you for supper. Can i have my beer now please?

12. AL  •  November 8, 2012 @11:09 pm

Hello :)
    I see an extremely tall and lanky ghoul with long hair and, I smile back :)
    Did you ever read “Golden Flower” ?

13. Kostas Dervenis  •  November 9, 2012 @11:40 am

@AL{140}{}{I run this place. Are you dumb? I sell drinks, trade for things, tell stories, and play airsoft.}