New Web video series

Uncategorized

As we struggle with the problems that life has provided for us here in Greece, there is always time to have some fun!

I’m preparing a new video web series. This is the first one; more to follow.

Note: Three more videos have been uploaded (11 December 2011)

6 Comments

6 Responses

1. Evaggelos  •  December 3, 2011 @2:42 pm

Sensei thank you for the videos. They are really inspiring and to my opinion touch the core of the reality in martial arts

2. Timmy Weber  •  December 10, 2011 @10:38 pm

Dear kostas,
    I enjoyed the new tactical errors series on YouTube. I learned some new things that I didn’t know before.

3. cameron watisian  •  December 11, 2011 @8:56 pm

those videos were cool. ive said to many people in the past tht i can win any fight as long as i have strategy and good tactics. most say i cant due to me being the shortest kid in school.

4. Kostas Dervenis  •  December 11, 2011 @10:15 pm

Thanks, Cameron. As I state in the video, if strategy and tactics were not the key to combat, the dominant species on the planet would be the cave bear.

Theseus was a runt, too. They’re still talking about him…

5. cameron watisian  •  December 12, 2011 @5:31 am

i do agree fully with the cave bear thing. it is just weird to think, what would we be like without tactics? the wrestling thing you did was also cool. im a wrestler and i never thought about a weak spot on the openent when i dont have legs or arms.

6. acr325  •  February 24, 2012 @5:14 am

I really enjoyed the series! Thanks for putting it out there! Two ccomments (suggestions?):

1. A series or youtube video about pammachon techniques. Some of us Pammachon enthusiasts live in far off places (Los Angeles, in my case) where pammachon instruction is not available. However it would be nice to learn some of this art of our ancestors
    2. Some information about the history of Pammachon on your website (e.g. photos, drawings, historical references). The current history section, I feel, focuses more on the essence of Pammachon and its difference copmpared to Pankration (or combat sports in general). A detailed history would be very helpful in understanding this martial art more clearly.

Thank you anyways for your work on reconstructing pammachon, the art of our ancestors (I really enjoyed the book), and for putting so much effort into keeping it alive!

-ACR, Los Angeles